Friday 16 July 2010

July 13 2010

RECAP

Since the 10th of July, after having seen the Taj Mahal in Agra, I was already tired of all the Big Cities, as well as sight seeing in India. I was especially tired of all the tuk-tuk and rickshaw drivers bugging me and deceiving me (talking about deception, did I tell the story about Delhi’s National Indian Zoo?). That is why I decided to go up north to Rishikesh earlier than planned. (Rishikesh is known to be the world’s capital for Yoga. And its suppose to be really zen and serene up there, which it is! Its just mountains and rivers up here!) Originally, I was to stay in Agra for another day so that I can go visit the Futepur Shikri, which is just another palace/ fort an hour away from Agra. But I knew that it would only take up a maximum of 4 hours of my day; leaving me with the other half of the day with absolutely nothing to do. Also, it probably would of ended up costing me up to 500 rupies. So I weighted out my options and decided to instead book my train ticket back to Mumbai for the 21 (The day before I take my plane home!) and jumped on the next bus to rishikesh. Unfortunately the bus for Rishikesh only left at 2:30 pm and I got there at 12 pm. According to lonely planet, the bus should only take 10 hours to get from Agra to Rishikesh. But my trip ended up taking about 12 hours, thus ending in me sleeping outside the hotel as mentioned on the last blog.

No comments:

Post a Comment